Innovative practices, actionable resources, and the latest research are all on the agenda for the inaugural California Dual Enrollment Equity conference on May 2-3 at the Bakersfield Marriott Convention Center. This practitioner-focused event will support high school and college partnerships in identifying and addressing equity gaps in dual enrollment. At the conference, you’ll be able to:
- Identify existing equity gaps in your program representation
- Learn innovative practices from the field for addressing and closing equity gaps
- Create an action plan for equitable expansion
You’ll hear about dual enrollment and equity from a range of perspectives. Four panel discussions are scheduled—with policymakers, researchers, college CEOs, and students.
Dual enrollment looms large in Sacramento, so the conference will feature an exciting lineup of keynote speakers including the incoming chancellor and a representative from the Governor’s Office. (Scroll down for the list.)
Workshops and breakout sessions will be geared toward turning ideas into action. The Day 1 session on Jumpstart & Action Planning Tools, presented by CLP and Education Trust-West, will kick this off. (More information about breakout sessions will be available soon.)
And you can sign up to visit local sites that have made progress in closing dual enrollment equity gaps. Kern Community College District and its colleges partner with a range of high schools serving different communities and offering a variety of pathways. These include a charter high school, a CTE center, and three California Exemplary Dual Enrollment Award winners. Visit the conference web page to read more about the different high school sites (scroll down for the list).
Space is limited—register today.
Keynote speakers and panelists
- Ben Chida, Chief Deputy Cabinet Secretary for the Office of Governor Newsom
- Dr. Sonya Christian, current Kern Community College District Chancellor and incoming California Community Colleges Chancellor
- Linda Collins, CLP Founder and Executive Director
- Dr. Keith Curry, Compton College President/Superintendent
- Dr. Angélica Garcia, Berkeley City College President
- Dr. Christopher Nellum, Executive Director, Education Trust-West
The conference is hosted by CLP, the Education Trust-West and the Kern Community College District.