To support Guided Pathways redesign teams across California as they re-oriented to an all-online world, CLP hosted a series of four conversations on Wednesday mornings in April 2020.
This page links to recordings of the webinars and to materials that were shared.
- On April 8, in the first webinar, Michelle Simotas, RiSE Lead Coordinator at City College of San Francisco, and CCSF student-advisors Hafsah Syed and Gudu Kere spoke about emerging issues and addressing equity challenges related to Guided Pathways. Here is the recording (including the transcript and chat). The materials shared are below.
- On April 15, Taleen Seropian — a Pasadena City College Guided Pathways team member, counselor, and JAM lead — shared how PCC is shifting its First-Year Experience (JAM and First-Year Seminar) and counseling online. Here is the recording (including linked transcript). The materials shared are below.
- On April 22, Sierra College’s marketing manager and Guided Pathways executive dean shared how they are continuing strategic planning for Equity and Guided Pathways integration — and building on existing GP infrastructure to communicate with students during the pandemic. Here is the recording (including a transcript and the chat).
- On April 29, West Hills College Lemoore’s vice president and Santa Ana College’s GP coordinator talked about how they are keeping up Guided Pathways redesign momentum on their campus. Here is the recording (with transcript).
Here are selected redesign resources that may be especially useful during the pandemic
- A quick guide for participants new to Zoom
- A post with tips on expanding internet access and other online resources for students and colleges
- CCCCO Guidance and Executive Orders for responding to COVID-19, including changes in regulations
- CLP’s series of one-page GP Stories highlighting promising approaches to Guided Pathways redesign
Additional materials shared in the webinar series
April 8 webinar
April 15 webinar
- Pasadena City College’s JAM handbook; a JAM video; and the Seesaw app
- A CLP profile of redesign: JAM at PCC
- A CLP profile of redesign: success coaches at PCC
- PCC Pathways booklet:
- Information about remote counseling services at PCC
- What is a screencast you ask? Here is an overview of this important tool for remote counseling
April 22 webinar
- Video about Sierra College’s interest areas and the related web page
- Webinar from the Academic Senate of the California Community Colleges (ASCCC) about the state of Guided Pathways across California (second of five planned updates), with Vice Chancellor Marty Alvarado, ASCCC GP Task Force Lead Janet Fulks, ASCCC Treasurer and task force chair Ginni May, and ASCCC Executive Director Krystinne Mica.
- Framework for Sierra’s interest areas
- Degrees and certificates Sierra offers in each interest area
- A “GP Story” from CLP about aligning redesign efforts at West Hills Lemoore
- The Equity Institute at Skyline College
- Career and Academic Pathways at Santa Ana College
- Future Educators Career and Academic Pathway at SAC